The Adams City HS Girls Swim team participated in their first meet at home today against Northglenn HS. Both teams performed superior in all aspects of the meet, especially outstanding sportsmanship! After the anxiety of the seasons first meet wore off, both teams settled down and got down to swimming!
Some highlights include:
– Senior Litzey Renteria finishing 1st place in the 50 yard Freestyle with a time of 00:32.34.
-Senior Naiya Gallardo, 3rd place, 50 yard Freestyle with a time of 00:41.90
– Junior Jocelyn DeLaCruz (Victory Prep Academy) finished 3rd in the 100 yard Butterfly with a time of 1:23.00
– Freshman (VPA) Viviana DeLeCruz placing 3rd in the 500 yard Freestyle with a time of 7:31.14. Although the time and final place does not tell the story, Sophmore Avalina Anaya finished the entire 500 yard event with a “really, really, bad leg cramp” that happened several laps before completion.
– The 400 yard Freestyle relay team consisting of Freshman Nicole Suchilt, Sophmore Avelina Anaya, Freshman (VPA) Viviana DeLaCruz and Senior Litzey Renteria, placing 3rd with a time of 5:45.95.
– Although she did not have to compete in the final relay event, due to her previous leg cramp, Sophmore Avelina Anaya completed an entire 100 yard leg of the 400 yard relay.
– Coach Reece praises her toughness and willingness to stick with her team, but also wants her to know the serious risks of continuing with any injury, cramp or not!
– Coach Reece would also like to point out while the following individuals may not have placed in the top 3, they competed in an event for the first time ever, and should be proud of their accomplishment:
– Junior Desiree Wood, 200 yard Freestyle
– Junior Jaime Morales-Hernandez, 200 yard Medley Relay, 50 yard Freestyle, 100 yard Freestyle.
– Freshman Nicole Schuilt, 200 yard Medley Relay, 200 yard Individual Medley Relay, 100 yard Freestyle, 400 yard Freestyle Relay.
Also congratulations to the following other ACHS Girl Swimmers
– Senior Diana Rosales, Sophmore Brenda Ramirez who gave their 110%, and Coach Reece appreciates all the hard work they put forward! The season is just starting, you have come a long way so far and will continue to get better from here!
While the scoring in swimming does not give an accurate picture of the entire meet, the Northglenn swim team is a very large, and well developed team; they always bring their A game and make it a very good swim meet. We appreciate the fine display of outstanding sportsmanship, and know it begins with an outstanding coaching staff!
ACHS will swim in their next meet away against Gateway HS. Please come support your team if you can!
Make sure to CONGRATULATE your ACHS Eagles Girls Swim Team on a fine first meet and doing their best!
– Coach Reece would like to extend a personal THANK YOU to the Jr ROTC cadets for volunteering to be meet timers!
ACHS Swimmers are prepared to:
– Be Ready to be Exceptional Swimmers
– Be Ready to be Exceptional Teammates
– Be Ready to be Exceptionally LOUD and PROUD
– Be Ready to be Exceptional Examples
– Be Ready to be Exceptional ACHS EAGLES!
See the team at tomorrows practice!